In the operation of underground tanks, specific obligations are expected to be borne by the owner or the tank manager, in addition to the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 152/06 and subsequent amendments (Consolidated Environmental Law)
The professional management of tanks and reservoirs involves several very important operations that eliminate the risk of spillage of the products contained in the artefacts in the subsoil or find solutions to secure the sites contaminated by liquids.
Preventing this phenomenon in time or taking action to limit or reduce it is important to avoid compromising the health of the environment and incur criminal penalties.
Tanks and reservoirs: management, reclamation and leakage tests
The activity of reclamation of tanks and reservoirs is carried out by our staff, specialised and adequately trained and informed pursuant to Legislative Decree 81/08 with a certificate for work in confined spaces, equipped with suitable equipment. All operations are carried out ensuring total safety for people and the surrounding environment.
We carry out reclamation operations on all types of tanks and cisterns: underground, unburied artefacts of assorted capacities.
We professionally manage:
- diesel fuel tanks;
- industrial and vehicle tanks;
- service station tanks.
Our intervention involves all the steps required for the reclamation of tanks and/or cisterns:
- temporary security works, which are adopted as a guarantee against risks for the time between the disposal of the tank and the subsequent removal or possible different reuse. The operation is characterised by the adoption of measures to eliminate the risk of spillage of products into the soil and the establishment of flammable conditions of the liquid or vapours inside the tank
- definitive safety works, which are adopted if the decommissioned tank is kept in the subsoil due to a demonstrated technical and economic feasibility of removal. This intervention is characterized by the execution of works that guarantee the environmental safety and the static nature of the site
- removal operation
How the remediation takes place
- We send our team consisting of specialised and adequately trained and informed personnel pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 81/08, with a certificate for work in confined spaces
- We perform the cleaning of the sump and the opening of the human passage of the tank
- We aspirate liquids and foundations
- We perform the internal cleaning of the tank with specific products, with the consequent suction of the washing water
- “Gas-free” test
- We carry out the temporary or permanent safety or the removal of the tank
- Disposal of waste in authorised facilities following current legislation (Legislative Decree 152/06)
- We certify all the interventions carried out
Advanced ultrasonic leak tests
One of our most important services concerns leak testing, a set of operations necessary to verify the integrity of underground tanks and tanks.
We carry out these interventions only using cutting-edge instruments with ultrasonic methodology, SDT Tanktest System, which consists of collecting and amplifying the sounds generated by the leaks following the depressurisation of the tank, using two sensitive sensors; ideal for underground tanks up to 120 cubic metres.
We reliably detect even very small holes or tiny defects that are not yet the source of leaks
Thanks to the use of new technologies we carry out very simplified and fast operations as they do not require filling the tanks
A highly significant professional service to prevent leaks, detect spills of diesel or other liquids in the subsoil and certify the integrity of the product.